Please forgive me readers. It has been two weeks since I have posted a blog.
You can’t fool me. I know you missed me.
So what have I been doing besides writing?
1. Watching those Kansas City Royals inch their way up to the Crown. I’m not a big “watching sports on TV” fan (except when it comes to college basketball), but those Royals have got it goin’ on! And they are a class act. Read up!
2. Taking my son clothes shopping. My son is a senior in high school this year and will be getting his senior pictures taken next weekend. We went shopping on Saturday for the perfect photo shoot wardrobe. For hours. This boy is more picky than my two daughters ever pretended to be. Seriously. We did finally buy a few clothing items. Were they what I would have picked out for him? No, but by that time I did not care. However, he will look great because, well, he is my son and he did get that haircut I kind of badgered him about. Love that boy.
3. Running. Then limping. Running. Then limping. This darn plantar fasciitis is a pain–literally and figuratively. I ran a 5K race a couple of years ago in crappy shoes without training and have been paying for it ever since. I know a visit to a podiatrist is probably the answer, but I’m afraid of what he’ll tell me.
” Wear these extremely expensive orthotics which will only work in ugly shoes.”
I guess I’ll continue running. And limping. For a while, at least.
4. Trying recipes that conceivably have no chance of working. A muffin recipe has been circulating around Facebook and Pinterest for a couple of months. The recipe only calls for a dry cake mix and a can of pumpkin.
Nope. Nothing else. That is it.
There’s no way this will work, I thought to myself. But I was having a major sugar craving and all I had in the house was a can of pumpkin and a spice cake mix. So I thought to myself, “What the heck? Why not try out this impossibly easy recipe? If it doesn’t turn out, at least Bruno will eat them.”
So, armed with my ingredients,
I mixed the two together, baked for 20 minutes at 350 degrees, and voila! Muffins!
And, dear readers, they are GOOD! Moist! Delectable! They most definitely deserve the credit they are receiving on Facebook and Pinterest.
Sources have told me that if you add mini chocolate chips to the batter, the muffins are even BETTER! (I believe them because everything is better with chocolate, right?) Swoon!
5. Last but not least, I’ve been perusing the newspaper for typographical errors. Fortunately for me (unfortunately for the newspaper), our nearest big city newspaper apparently doesn’t hire proofreaders so typos are plentiful.
This particular newspaper article was an inspiring story about an 87-year-old woman who was training to race walk in a half-marathon. I want you to pay particular attention to what she credits her success:
I know that exercising can sometimes seem like an exorcism, but this is a little extreme, no?
So there you have it–the things that take up my time when not providing fodder for my blog.
What have you been up to lately? Watching baseball? Shopping with a teenager? Trying to ignore aches and pain?